Volunteers are the lifeblood of everything we do at Meals on Wheels. Without our volunteers we could not fulfill our mission, and we are thankful for their tireless commitment.
Volunteers do not necessarily have the Time; Volunteers have the Heart. – Elizabeth Andrew
Volunteer orientation is required for all volunteers prior to beginning their service. Contact Marsha Robertson at 864-712-0289 or email Marsha.Robertson@pcmow.org to arrange a time for orientation. The session will last less than one hour.
Opportunities to Serve
Combat hunger, loneliness and isolation on those citizens living in Pickens County and to provide a lifeline through the use of caring volunteers.
Meals on Wheels Driver
Weekly 11:00 AM-1:30 PM, Monday-Friday
Deliver meals to homebound individuals in Pickens County
- Read and follow the driver’s handbook for meal delivery
- Provide 2 insulated coolers for meal transport. One for hot meals and one for cold items
- Pick up meals at designated pick-up location
- Deliver meals to recipients on assigned routes
- Follow-up with volunteer coordinator with any issues/changes brought to your attention from recipients
- Complete application
- Complete volunteer orientation process
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current automobile insurance
- Be dependable
- Maintain confidentiality